Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prayer Vigil

What I learned during these seventeen days of prayer on Intercessor's Heart is that you cannot please everybody. That in prayer, it is our goal to please God and not man. For that's a hard lesson for me to learn for I'm a real people-pleas er. The gift of mercy I've been blessed with sometimes overrides my judgment and I find myself trying to please man, not God, or trying too hard to do for others what they can do for themselves which often cripples them which gets me into hot water with God.

But, I have found a ray of sunshine half way through our vigil, and that is, to depend on God and not on man which hasn't been so easy for me. You see, I'm a deeply flawed individual that often stumbles through life, (at times finds herself even crawling), towards a Promised Land.

But I cannot ignore certain things God has put in my spirit to do, such as reaching out to intercessors all over the world that need a sanctuary during a time of weakness. For we all become weak, we all are imperfect, we all are flawed. For the Bible says, " As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one."

There are many times, I see Christians who seem to have it all together, but we don't realize is that those in authority are hurting too, they just can't show it like we can, so they come off rough or insensitive or uncaring, and without knowing it they wound, and the cycle continues.

But the Bible says, we are all one under Christ, some are mouths, and some are hands, others are the feet, but we all need each other.

How do we fix the problem? We all recognize that we all need each other, that there is no one more important than another, that no matter what function we are given we cannot walk the Christian life  without each other, whether you are in the 'ministry' or a worker in the nursery, a janitor or an elder, we are all one under Christ, because He is in all and works through all.

Let's pray that we, the body of Christ will begin to function well, and function in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment