Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A.W. Tozer

What is it about A.W. Tozer that intrigues both young and old alike? Seasoned Christians and new in the faith? Who was called, 'one of the greatest saints of the past century.' Wow, what a badge of honor in a sea of great men and women of faith.

But, what is it about Pastor Tozer that draws people to his writings and prayers?

I'd say, his wisdom and  his prayer life.

I'll leave you with one of his prayers:


"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune god, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, “Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.” Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long.

In Jesus’ name, Amen…………"

No comments:

Post a Comment