Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Faint of Heart,

"Matthew 8:23-27"

"Cowards!" Have you ever been called either of these? Well, the disciples sure did after waking up the Master.

And I can't say I blame them either, for I realized this morning, I too failed the test. That I fell victim, like so many, to becoming faint hearted when trails come my way.

As a woman of prayer, I have been known to be a successful instrument in the Lord's hands, but lately I have failed at the most important of tasks, ministering to my own husband. I have fasted for him, and have prayed for him, have exhorted him and even invested in website building to sell his extraodinary paintings, but, nothing has worked.

Maybe, the Lord is trying to tell me that I have going about everything all wrong, maybe I've been doing it all in my own flesh, maybe He just wants me to trust Him.

Even when times are really tough, God, wants me to step back and get on my face before Him and surrender to His plan and not my own.

"Lord, I admit I've been a coward, please rebuke the wind and the rain once again, and restore us back to that peaceful place in You. A sanctuary built not by human hands, but by the Living God."

No comments:

Post a Comment