Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Day with Zachary

How does playing with my grandson all day and marital issues have anything in common? Nothing really, but I learned something very valuable today when I was getting my grandson dressed. As I put his jumper over his head, then his right arm, then I sat him up to pull it down over his body, it didn't take long and I realized that I had forgotten the other arm. Then, it occurred to me from the last time we were together, that as one should never go into a burning building without your partner, not to mention making sure you both get out safely, so a shirt or a jumper is made with two arm holes and two leg holes for a reason.

I must admit, in the last year and half our marriage has been less then pleasant, for either of us. And, if God had given us a ticket out, one or the other probably would have taken it. Not that we didn't love each other, because we did, and still do, but we had 'gone our separate ways' for some time and it was becoming increasingly painful with the same problems that we went to bed with.

But, God saw fit, because of His grace and mercy to keep us together in spite of ourselves.
Though we are far from out of the woods, we're no where we once were.
Do I want to knock his block off? Yes most definitely, because he's a man. Does he still need to flee from this harsh tongue? That too is a resounding, yes.
Sadly, I have a hard time keeping track of it! It seems to have a mind of it's own. Mr. Tongue likes to wander all over my face and down my leg and up my husbands with lightning speed. Before I know it this small 'harmless' creature has left big red welts on my husbands handsome face, as so many of do if we were honest with ourselves.

But as our lashing tongues go wild and our husbands shrink, we find ourselves with a false sense of superiority, which causes men to run.

These are but some lessons I'm learning during this time of strife and friction. Though this is only a part of what I've seen, in our own person lives and in the lives of many others, we must not forget there are some who are going through far worse trials then these.

"Lord, I pray according to Your Word in Romans 15, that, "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." in Jesus' Name I pray. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment