Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I met Jesus

one Sunday afternoon in pursuit of something bigger than myself. As a young child, I knew of little else, then an unseen god hovering over my home watching over me and mine. But it wasn't until I got real with the One who made me, that the 'hovering' became personal.

After my encounter with Jesus, I was drawn to extraordinary women like Mother Theresa and Kathryn Kuhlman because they talked of Jesus unlike anyone I ever met. One was like a lamb, the other, like a lion, but both had their appeal on this girl all of twelve.

As I grew, my life took on a shape far from the women I admired from my youth. Both were 'meant to stay single,' but one married the church, the other a man for only a short season; but both left their imprints upon my spirit. Though I married young then had three children. Then after 18 years, we divorce to find myself married again four years later.

No, I find myself more like my mother, than these women that haunted my dreams. Thinking of a time, I prayed to be just like them, but God saw fit to mold me into far more a humbling vessel. Maybe no body's hero but mine, but the more I embrace the Potter's wheel, the less I will long for a life that is not my own. The more I run toward Jesus, and away from women who have left their mark, the sooner I'll leave mine upon the souls of those who matter most, my family.

This is my legacy, what is yours?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attitude of Gratitude:

There is only one thing I am most grateful for today, and that is my godly heritage. For many find Jesus later in life, but I was privileged to walk with Jesus from an early age; I can think of nothing to be more thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment