Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Drinking Water

http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrationwater/a/waterarticle.htmI thought it would be a good idea to talk about different nutritional topics so we can be the best we can be for God. Most Americans are far too obsessed with sugars and caffeine, (me included) to get anything accomplished. It affects our work habits, and our ability to function at home with those we love and care about. Why would such an article be in a Christian blog dedicated to the Word of God and to prayer?  The Word of God says we are the temple of the Holy Spirit and as such, we need to be thinking of how we treat it. Whether it’s what we consume, (or don’t consume), or get enough rest effect the way we carry ourselves.  It often determines whether we will succeed or fail at the task we have in front of us.
Periodically I will share different ideas how we can become healthier, along with my own personal struggle with food. Then hopefully we will find our way to a happier, healthier, abundant life Jesus has waiting to for us to have.  
Topic One: Water
Drinking water is essential to our overall health, but why are so few of us getting enough?  Maybe we are so busy with our day to day lives that we forget to. Or if you’re like me, most of your water is filtered through coffee beans. But, I find that if I don’t drink enough water, my head gets kind of fussy, then my muscles get sore, then I start getting really tired.
They say that if you have a sedentary life, then the 8 eight oz rule should be adequate, but if you are always on the go and/or you’re a fitness guru, then you require far more than that..And if you are overweight, then, add even more.
Geee, if I were to add all the water I should be drinking my system would become a lake and my family would never see me, (you know what I mean!)  Because I am always on the go and I’m overweight!
Someone once told me, “Give up coffee then!”  She did NOT just say that!  For me and coffee are partners, I can add the water, but give up the coffee, NO WAY!
Okay, let’s get serious, the link I’m adding has a lot of good information about water, why we should drink it and what happens when we don’t such as digestive disorders and fatigue. Since our bodies are over 75% water it makes since that we should be replacing it.
And no, water filtered through coffee beans does not count! But it sure tastes good!
I hope you make a commitment with me to start drinking more water, then after a week or so, let me know how you feel..

Could be the cure you’re looking for


http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrationwater/a/waterarticle.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment