Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting Ready For Spring,

I thought it would be a lot of fun to share something I wrote last year, just before spring. Not really a poem, more of a short pose.

Let me know what you think,


Dancing with Saturday's Rain

When I awoke this lovely pre-spring morning, I heard thunder off in a distance.  As I stepped out into our patio I gazed over the horizon and I could not believe my eyes; 'troubling clouds circling above my head'. In an instant, I knew what to do, because it wouldn't be long and we would have a down pour. "Dratz! I'm behind on the gardening!" As I took a gander at my neglected lawn, pre-spring weeds had already popped up all over my beautiful green lawn.

It took less than five minutes I had on my gardening gloves, pulling those little buggers that invaded my beautiful lawn, ripping each one out one by one with a feverish resolve BEFORE the rain hit.

It was the funniest sight I dare say, out there still in my jammies, sweatshirt and slippers, knee deep in dirt, on the hunt for one more out of control weeds, (before they get too big and end up taking over!)

As misty water touches my face, I reach for one greener enemy, for I knew I was almost done, and I HAD WON this battle of this wills, at least, this time.

After my dancing with the enemy drew to a close, I looked down and saw I was wearing my brand new slippers that had I gotten this Christmas. Grumbling, and shaking my feet with such intensity, as if I was on a string; but did little good because my brand new slippers were now caked in mud and would never be the same.

It was then I knew it was time to quit....While thinking to myself, 'maybe it's time to get dressed for the day and tackle another part of the house?'

No comments:

Post a Comment