Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Intercessor's Heart, The book

Intercessor’s Heart
Intercessor: go-between, intermediary, intermediate, mediator; noun
in•ter•ces•sion (ĭn'tər-sěsh'ən)    n.
1.            Entreaty in favor of another, especially a prayer or petition to God in behalf of another.
2.            Mediation in a dispute.


Preface
A dear friend of mine once said, “Etta, your faith inspires me;” words that hit me like a ton of bricks.  Not because it puffed up my already hyper inflated ego; but because I thought to myself, ‘how anyone would say such a thing about me, for if she knew me as I really am, she wouldn't say such a thing.’ But, what surprised me even more is why God would call such a woman to share her testimony with such treasures you see before you, let alone build a ministry to hurting prayer intercessors.
Maybe, He delights in using 'cracked 'and 'flawed' vessels such as King David?  Thinking to myself that even though this awesome man of God was so passionately in love with his Creator, he was deeply flawed just like me and just like you.
    Yes, though I’m no one special, not by far, I have been called to this task to reach out to intercessors all over this world because they are hurting and overburdened, and some are still living in the past or haven’t dealt with it correctly.  But all God is calling to become whole, (read John 10:10)  For we have a real very real adversary whose sole purpose is to destroy our destinies, more importantly, he’s out to destroy God’s work on the earth. But, I’m here to tell you, he will never win, though he may win a battle or two, he will never win the war! For you see! I’ve read the end of the story!!! And we win!!
Why did God call me to such a task? I guess, because I’m just dumb enough to do whatever He asks me to no matter how foolish it makes me looks.  Have I always been obedient? No, not by far, but it’s not about me, it’s about Him!
Though I continue to battle insecurities, God gently tugs on my heart with a whisper, “Tell them anyway, for I work through imperfect vessels.”
Now, my challenge to you is, to read through each testimony as they are for each has gone through their own unique set of circumstances. Unique, special, but all very flawed; just like King David, human, but ever longing to be someone after God’s own heart.
We have marriage problems, our kids are rebellious, and at times we even eat too much, or stumble into addictions. We are weak and sick, or we are healthy and strong.
 By the world's standards we are poor, rich, or 'middle class,' but we all go to one Source to meet our daily needs and for the needs of those for whom we pray for, His name is Jesus Christ.
This is not a how-to-manual, for there are far more intelligent people for that, this is a book of testimonies lived by those unknown pillars of our church. These testimonies are to give each of us a voice after a lifetime of silence, except to our King.
My heart is overwhelmed with thanksgiving to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given us the Holy Spirit, that through all the highs and lows; the good times and bad, He is the only one who stands out in my mind who has always been there for me no matter what, and because of Him I give my deepest gratitude.  When I stumble and fall, He faithfully intercedes for me day and night before the Throne Room of Grace. He’s always there when I need someone to talk to, ready to pick me up, dust me off, and then exhort me unto good works. Then, once again He takes my needs before the Father and faithfully sends the Comforter and the ‘Empowerer’ to comfort then to fill me to do what I never thought possible.
Next, I want to thank each author that contributed to this work, each have exposed hidden areas of their lives, which have yet to see the light of day until now.

And for my family who gave me the time I needed to complete this all consuming two fold work; a burden I could not escape, no matter how I tried, saying thank you is never enough, you are the best!  But most especially to my husband Christopher, thank you for your undying support for me and this project, I am so grateful for your stability and strength. Thank you for also stepping in and filling in where ever you were needed; to say thank you will never be enough.
And to my sister Laura Allison-Brady who has been that strong shoulder to lean on during my weakest of times, which never wavered in her support for me, as a woman, and friend.  She’s been a true gift for which I will always be grateful for.
I would be negligent if I didn’t mention our pastor, Peter A. Ernst of Manzanita Baptist Church in Kingman Arizona; for his leadership, support and exhortation and support during a difficult time in our lives, I especially want to thank him for how he came along side my husband, during his deepest need.
Last, but most certainly not least, I want to thank every single intercessor who made this book possible, from Laurie Knight to Rita Bingamin and Rita DowCartonio whose support and belief in this work gave it wings and without them, this beautiful work would not have been possible.
But the one I am most grateful for is my mother, who has been the inspiration behind Intercessor’s Heart Ministry, and the work you see before you today. She is the one who faithfully prayed me to Jesus and her prayers will live on, long after her death...Love you Mom!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment